The Edge of Empire
The Company of the Scepter Tower operates in a world where there are very few heroes. Magic went wild 100 years ago and the heroic deeds that once defined Faerun are largely consigned to legend. But nothing stays buried in Faerun, for good or for ill. Here are the Places, Things, and Acquaintances that have helped to define their adventures.Places
Here are the places the Company or its members have been, roughly in order of scale or current importance.
- Faerun – Toril’s main supercontinent and the land on which most of the adventure takes place.
- The Fallen Lands – A vast, ruined plain of wild magic separating the Scepter Tower and Waterdeep from The Netherese Empire.
- The Scepter Tower – Once the home and prison of a great Oracle, now the Company’s base of operations.
- Spellguard – The small village that has formed around the Scepter Tower.
- The Monastery of the Precipice – A resting place for pilgrims to the Scepter Tower.
- Tomb of the Scepter Tower – A catacomb of largely unexplored tombs under the tower.
- Plains of Rust – One of the layers of the Abyss, the Plane Below. Angiledhel spent time here after being sucked through a demon gate.
- City of Brass – A city in the Abyss. Finn and Hosvir spent time here after being sucked through a demon gate.
- Moonstair – A mountain town a day’s ride northeast into the mountains from the Scepter Tower, currently suffering attacks from an army of Trolls.
- Loudwater – A river town a day’s ride southwest toward the swamp from the Scepter Tower.
- Greyflow River – The river that flows through Loudwater and on to Waterdeep far to the east.
- The Seven-Pillared Hall – An underground center for illict trade between and among the races and nations of Faerun.
- The Chamber of Eyes
- The Barrow of the Ogre King
- Swamp of Chelimber
- Stormcrow Tor
- The Sunken Temple
- Watch Tree
- Thunderspire Mountains
Here are some other places of great importance or influence that the Company has not yet visited.
- Myth Drannor – Former home of Angiledhel, ruled by his enemy, the usurper king Ingerhol.
- Waterdeep – A metropolitan city-state to the west that is now making sorties into The Fallen Lands in order to secure the area against a potential invasion.
- [The Netherese Empire – An expansionistic empire of shadow and magic that lies to the northeast. Only The Fallen Lands separate Waterdeep from the Netherese.
Lore The storied history of Faerun has a profound impact on the lives of our heroes. Here are a few of the forces, ideas, and stories that currently move and matter to the Company.
- The Jade Eye
- Festival of Lanterns
- The Standard of the Morninglord
- Kala’s Spyglass
- Thoran’s Spellbook
- The Finding Stones
Here are the many sentients who have passed in and out of the Company’s lives, sometimes quite literally, and who no longer bear reference as current enemies or allies.
- The Bloodreavers – enemy, defunct
- Oronotor – ally, deceased
- Fatima – paramour, deceased
- Glasur – merchant
- Curuvar the Brazen – merchant
- Hiatha – enemy, deceased
- Naargash – enemy, deceased
- Jace – enemy, deceased
- Leopold – enemy, deceased
- Yannik Johastra – merchant
- Nelson Greaves – ally, deceased
- Eutocius – ally, deceased
- Chewey – dog, status unknown
- Martik – ally, deceased
- Finroy – ally, deceased
- Constable Menos – ally, deceased